Daniel Fabiano is a partner with a business law practice that emphasizes procurement, privacy / information protection and technology.
In his procurement practice, Daniel advises organizations with initiating and documenting the bidding process or bid documents, drafting and negotiating contracts and managing and mitigating procurement risks and bid disputes. Daniel has both a "Certificate in Public Procurement Law and Practice" and a “Certificate in Advanced Procurement Law and Practice: Major Projects and Tendering” from Osgoode.
In his privacy / information protection practice, Daniel regularly assists clients with privacy impact assessments, privacy risk mitigation strategies, data sharing agreements, privacy policies, notices and consents, and responding to privacy access requests and privacy breaches. He also advises on record retention policies and record management issues. Daniel advises clients on complying with Canada’s rigorous new anti-spam law, including CRTC investigations.
Daniel also advises individual, corporate and government clients on access to information matters at all levels of government. Daniel is one of the lead authors of the comprehensive "Hospital Freedom of Information Toolkit: A Guide to Implementing the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act" published by the Ontario Hospital Association.
In his technology practice, Daniel advises technology providers, developers and users on licensing, Internet/e-commerce platforms, social media, corporate transactions and corporate policy matters. Daniel drafts and negotiates a wide range of contracts, including master service agreements, software development agreements and licenses, maintenance and support agreements, and service level agreements.
Daniel is a past contributor to the Laws of .Com E-Business, Privacy & Technology Law Journal, and past editor for the Information Technology & E-Commerce Newsletter, published by the Ontario Bar Association.
Honours and Awards
- Recognized as an Acritas Star™ Lawyer 2016
- Board Member, Healthcare Supply Chain Network
- Board Member, Canadian Medical Equipment Protection Plan (CMEPP)
- Board Member, former Vice-President, Tarragon Theatre
- Member, Healthcare Supply Chain Network
- Member, Council on Governmental Ethics Laws
- Member, Ontario Bar Association - Information Technology & E-Commerce Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Fasken Martineau Student Development Committee
- Member, Fasken Martineau Art Committee