Aaron’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and corporate finance. In each of these areas, Aaron has extensive experience advising on both domestic and international cross-border matters, including contested matters such as unsolicited take-over bids and proxy contests, as well as financing transactions, negotiated acquisitions, and strategic transactions such as joint ventures and partnerships. Aaron also has extensive experience advising boards and board special committees on transactional matters as well as internal investigations and complex governance issues. Aaron's experience in corporate finance includes advising both public and private businesses, underwriters and investors in numerous industry sectors, including mining and life sciences.
In addition to his transactional work, Aaron has advised a number of public companies, including Canadian-listed international issuers, on an ongoing basis with respect to securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance.
Outside of his practice, Aaron served as a sessional instructor at the University of Windsor Faculty of Law where he organized and taught a course in Corporate Finance and M&A from 2007 to 2014.
Aaron is recognized in Chambers Global: The Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A and is ranked in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for Corporate Finance & Securities. In 2013, Aaron was recognized as a Lexpert "Rising Star: Leading Lawyer Under 40" in Canada.
Honours and Awards
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013-2016 for Corporate Finance & Securities
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 for Corporate Commercial Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2014-2016 for Corporate Mid-Market
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 for Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Best Lawyers of Canada 2016-2017 for Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Legal 500 Canada 2015 for Energy: Mining
- Chambers Global 2011-2016 for Corporate/M&A
- Chambers Canada 2016 and 2017 for Corporate/Commercial: Ontario
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2014 as a Corporate Lawyer to Watch
- Recognized as a Lexpert "Rising Star: Leading Lawyer Under 40" in Canada, 2013
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law Board of Governors Award (1999)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Securities Law Subcommittee of the Ontario Bar Association