Ally Bharmal is an associate in the Technology and Securities Group. His growing practice focuses on corporate and commercial business advice for a variety of clients, with an emphasis on the technology sector.
Ally principally represents private companies on a wide range of transactions, including start-up and incorporation issues, preparation of shareholders' agreements, debt and equity angel and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and advice with respect to ongoing business matters. Ally also advises on the commercial needs of his clients with respect to business and information technology matters, including licensing, promotional contests, website terms and conditions, development and outsourcing arrangements, distribution and representation agreements, and other matters.
Prior to joining Fasken Martineau, Ally completed his Bachelor of Science degree in the information technology field. He brings both technical and industry experience to assist his clients.
Honours and Awards
- Law Foundation Scholarship, UBC, 2008
- Panvini Scholarship in Law, UBC, 2008
- M.F. Jefferson Smith Memorial Award, UBC, 2008
- Director, Kids Up Front Vancouver
- Member, Ismaili Council for British Columbia
- Former Chairman and Director, Let Kids Play Foundation
- Mentor, BCTIA Legal Clinics
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) Vancouver