Ally Bharmal's growing practice focuses on corporate and commercial business advice for a variety of clients, with an emphasis on the technology sector. Ally also has extensive experience and a particular interest in the food sector, including natural food products. He provides legal counsel to food industry clients with respect to corporate matters, research and development, food processing and manufacturing, confidentiality agreements, quality agreements and delivery.
Ally principally represents private companies on a wide range of transactions, including start-up and incorporation issues, shareholders' agreements, debt and equity angel and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and advice with respect to ongoing business matters. Ally also advises on the commercial needs of his clients with respect to business and operational matters, including licensing, vendor and supplier arrangements, manufacturing, confidentiality agreements, collaboration agreements, promotional contests, website terms and conditions, development and outsourcing arrangements, distribution and representation agreements, and other matters.
Prior to joining Fasken Martineau, Ally completed his Bachelor of Science degree in the information technology field. He brings both technical and industry experience to assist his clients.
Honours and Awards
- Law Foundation Scholarship, UBC, 2008
- Panvini Scholarship in Law, UBC, 2008
- M.F. Jefferson Smith Memorial Award, UBC, 2008
- Cabinet Member, Night of Miracles
- Speaker and Mentor, TYE Young Entrepreneurs Program
- Director, Kids Up Front Vancouver
- Member, Ismaili Council for British Columbia
- Former Chairman and Director, Let Kids Play Foundation
- Mentor, BCTIA Legal Clinics
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Charter Member, TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) Vancouver