Skilled litigators are competitive, independent and intelligent problem solvers. But many litigators have a 'win at any cost' mentality that winds up costing clients money, time and aggravation. The pursuit of litigation must first serve the client's business purposes. Key is the retention of lawyers who possess the skills, expertise and willingness to truly undertake a business oriented approach to litigation.
At Fasken Martineau, we believe effective representation requires partnership. That is why we encourage the development of close working relationships with our clients in order to better understand their businesses, concerns, objectives and desired results. Our clients are our partners and we work as a team to achieve optimal results. State-of-the-art litigation support and case management technology enable us to deliver services to our clients quickly, efficiently and economically.
In cases that involve multiple jurisdictions, Fasken Martineau draws upon the national resources of our commercial litigation lawyers in each of its offices. As members of a full-service team, we also have immediate access to corporate, securities, real estate and tax lawyers who bring their expertise to bear on the successful resolution of business disputes - whether straightforward or highly complex.
We deliver service in all areas including:
- Class actions
- Commercial contracts
- Commercial crime and misappropriation
- Commercial insurance claims
- Corporate control and shareholder remedies
- Directors & officers liability & insurance
- Fiduciary duties
- Franchise, distributorship & agency
- Intellectual property and technology
- International Trade
- Partnership & joint ventures
- Professional Indemnity/Negligence
- Real estate
- Shipping & Transportation
- Securities litigation, including take over bids, fair value proceedings and regulatory