David McDonald conducts a law practice that includes representing employers as counsel before the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the B.C. Labour Relations Board, at labour arbitrations, at all levels of court and at administrative tribunals. He regularly acts as the spokesman for employers in collective bargaining, whether it is a first collective agreement or the renewal of an existing collective agreement. David assists clients by seeking court injunctions during labour disputes. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of labour relations and employment law and provides seminars on labour relations and employment law to clients and professional organizations.
Honours and Awards
- Best Lawyers® in Canada 2013-2017 for Labour and Employment Law
- Chambers Canada 2016 for Employment & Labour (British Columbia)
- Executive Committee Member, Patrons’ Corps of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada
- Labour Law and Employment Law Sections, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- British Columbia Industrial Relations Association
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers