Diane Bertrand primarily practices business law, more particularly in mergers and acquisition of private companies and business assets. She has worked with food processing and food distribution businesses, software companies, manufacturing enterprises, as well as in the forestry, finance, insurance, engineering and in the accommodation and health care sectors.
Diane has years of experience with cooperatives and is therefore familiar with issues that are specific to their operations, including their governance. She has worked on significant equity financings of major Québec cooperatives by institutional investors and on multi-jurisdictional mergers of cooperatives.
Diane accompanies growing businesses and institutional investors in the implementation of debt and equity financings. In that respect, she was recently involved in many initiatives supporting female entrepreneurship.
Diane is an active member of the International Bar Association as officer of the Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee. She regularly represents foreign investors coming to Canada, and has implemented complex corporate restructurings affecting many jurisdictions simultaneously.
Within the firm, Diane Bertrand spearheads the group of lawyers specializing in private transactions in Québec and coordinates the firm’s national efforts involving cooperatives and mutuals.
Honours and Awards
- Recognized as an Acritas Star Lawyer (2017)
- Recognized as one of Canada's best Corporate Law lawyers in The Best Lawyers in Canada (2014-2017 editions)
- Member of the board of directors, Intégration Jeunesse du Québec
- Involvement in the following initiatives by the Quebec Business Women’s Network: ACCROIT, SheEO and trade mission to the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council in Austin, Texas (2015)
Member, Québec Bar
Member, Bar of Montréal
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Quebec Business Women’s Network
- Member, International Bar Association and officer of the Closely Held and Growing Business Enterprises Committee, liaison officer with the Young Lawyers’ Committee