Fasken Martineau is committed to a diverse and welcoming workplace. We are proud of each and every person that makes up our strong and dynamic workforce while offering innovative and strategic approaches to your legal needs. We believe that diversity is a key ingredient in the success of our firm as it helps foster inclusiveness, encourages innovation, and broadens the scope of problem solving.
Fasken Martineau's Position on the Importance of Diversity
Fasken Martineau, as a leader in the global business community, demonstrates its commitment to diversity not only in the policies and practices that we follow within our firm but also in our actions within the diverse communities in which we operate.
Fasken Martineau is committed to:
Maintaining an inclusive firm culture that reflects the diverse communities within which the firm operates; and supporting and promoting diversity so that all lawyers, legal assistants, students and staff know that they are valued and welcomed. This includes:
- Ensuring that our commitment to diversity is reflected in all aspects of our administration and operations.
- Ensuring that our recruitment, retention, development and promotion practices for lawyers, legal assistants, students and staff result in a firm whose membership is reflective of the diverse communities in which we operate.
- Promoting diversity within the Bar and at law schools.
- Working with our clients, not-for-profit associations and institutions across the world to encourage diversity awareness and inclusiveness.
A4 | Letter
The mandate of Fasken Martineau's Diversity Committee is to ensure that the law firm's deep commitment to diversity and inclusiveness is fulfilled in every aspect of its operations and that we recognize and leverage our differences and similarities.
Fasken Martineau is a signatory of the Law Firm Diversity & Inclusion Network's Statement of Principles
As part of its commitment to diversity and inclusion in the legal community, Fasken Martineau has signed the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network's Statement of Principles
The Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) is a group of Canadian law firms who have agreed to work together to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. Diversity and inclusion are core values of LFDIN members. We believe that valuing and enhancing diversity and inclusion will help us attract and retain the best talent and better serve our clients' needs in an evolving global marketplace. LFDIN members undertake to practice and advance diversity and inclusion by:
- Sharing ideas for the promotion of diversity and inclusion in connection with recruitment, retention and advancement within law firms
- Working with Legal Leaders for Diversity and other general counsel law departments, business leaders and professional associations in their efforts to advance diversity and inclusion
- Supporting outreach programs in law schools and the broader community
- Promoting thought leadership and constructive dialogue on issues of diversity and inclusion
- Evaluating our efforts