Doing Business in Canada 2015
The laws and political climate of a country work in tandem to create the environment within which business enterprises operate. Canada's federal and provincial governments have together created a highly favourable atmosphere, one in which international businesses can flourish.
Fasken Martineau's Doing Business in Canada provides a concise and practical overview of the country's legal and regulatory environment. This comprehensive guide highlights the crucial issues affecting US or foreign businesses considering Canada as part of their international strategy.
In addition to providing an insightful preamble to the business and investment environment, Fasken Martineau's internationally-recognized experts impart timely information about all legal aspects of Canadian business operations.
- The Business and Investment Environment
- Vehicles for Establishing a Business
- Investment Policy
- Competition/Antitrust Laws
- Acquiring a Canadian Business
- Financing a Business Operation
- Labour & Employment
- Pension & Employee Benefit Plans
- Directors' and Officers' Liability
- Executive Transfers and Immigration
- Privacy Law and Anti-Spam Law
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Information & Communication Technology
- Restructurings and Insolvencies
- Dispute Resolution
- Doing Business in Québec
- Government Relations/Government Ethics, Transparency and Political Law