Financial Institutions Transactions
Our focus on financial institutions enables us to provide industry-specific advice in negotiating and implementing transactions. We help clients obtain regulatory approvals and navigate the business and regulatory issues that arise in connection with mergers & acquisitions transactions, reinsurance transactions and capital raising transactions, including public and private corporate financings.
Clients turn to us for their most strategic and important transactions because of our expertise in innovative transactions. Our experience and knowledge enables us to create inventive structures and solutions to achieve our clients' objectives.
Canadian financial institutions rely on our team to handle the full spectrum of their mergers & acquisitions and other transactional needs. We act for financial institutions, underwriters and other regulated and unregulated financial services providers in Canada in funding and capital-related transactions, including public and private corporate financings. We also advise leading international insurers and financial institutions in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Our extensive expertise in transactional matters involving financial institutions and financing transactions includes:
- Public and private M&A, including share and asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Competitive bids, from the perspective of the vendor or purchaser
- Assumption reinsurance
- Indemnity reinsurance
- Reorganizations, including amalgamations and arrangements
- Public and private financings, acting for the issuer or the investment banker
- Securitization of insurance risks
- Portfolio transfers including by renewal
- Demutualizations, including sponsored demutualizations
- Insurance linked securities
- Joint ventures
- Outsourcing agreements