Jean G. Morency joined Fasken Martineau as a partner in 1986. He specializes in business law, in particular in commercial, banking, company insolvency and restructuring, credit law, mergers and acquisitions, and in litigation connected therewith.
He also provides general legal and strategic advice to corporate clients with regard to many aspects of their business. More specifically, Jean G. is involved with the Canadian and U.S. strategy of corporations doing cross-border business in commercial matters and also supervises litigation in the area of intellectual property.
Since 1993, Jean G. Morency has served on a number of different boards, including a financial institution, a hospital and a board of trade. He regularly participates as a special advisor to different committees of corporations.
Over the past 15 years, Jean G. has devoted his time to different philanthropic causes and the Québec Bar Association.
He practices law in Québec City, in Montréal and in Toronto.
- Member. Board of Directors, Fondation Michel-Sarrazin
- Chairman, Governance Committee, Fondation Michel-Sarrazin
- Member, Québec Bar
- Member of the Board of Directors, Hôtel-Dieu Hospital in Québec City (1993-1995)
- President, "Fondation de l'Hôtel Dieu de Québec" (1993-1995)
- Member of the Board of Directors, "Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec" (1995-2006)
- Member of the Board of Directors, "Fondation du Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec" (1995-2010)
- Secretary, Executive Committee and other committees, "Fondation du Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec" (1995-2010)
- Chair of the Complaints review Committee (CHUQ)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Avco Financial Services Canada Limited, Canadian subsidiary of Textron Inc. (1993-1997)
- Director and Member of the Audit Committee, Avco Financial Services Canada Limited (1993-1997)
- Member of the Board of Directors and Member of the Executive Committee of the "Chambre de commerce de Québec" (1998-2011)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the "Parc technologique de Québec" (2010-2012)
- Member of the Québec Bar delegated to the committee of the Superior Court of Québec City (2004-2008 and 2015)
- Member, Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee of the Federal Court, Court of Appeal, Superior Court and Court of Appeal of Québec (June 2000 to June 2004)
- Co-Chair of the External Relations Committee, Québec Bar (September 2001 to 2007)
- Member, Administrative Advisory Committee of several companies
- Lecturer, "Institut de développement urbain du Québec"
- Lecturer, "Chambre de commerce de Québec", Conferences
- Lecturer, "Association du Jeune Barreau de Québec", Conferences
- Lecturer, Management training seminars for executives in the banking, credit and business litigation fields
- Lecturer, Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals