As a business, you must be prepared to address human rights issues. This includes questions about employment, tenancies, and the provision of services to the public. Whether it is the development of an anti-harassment policy, recognizing the need for or reviewing a request for accommodation, conducting an investigation into a harassment complaint, defending a case brought in court, or arbitration through a human rights tribunal or commission, Fasken Martineau’s labour and employment lawyers specialize in human rights law.
Human rights complaints may be very expensive to process and litigate and may generate negative publicity. We are a leader in helping employers manage human rights issues in the workplace proactively and thereby avoid litigation.
- Development and implementation of human rights (anti-harassment) policies
- Training for supervisors and managers on how to avoid or respond to human rights related complaints
- Advice to employers on the conduct of investigations
- Counsel through litigation, including matters before federal and provincial human rights tribunals
- Fast and thorough investigations into harassment or other human rights-related complaints as counsel for employers or as independent, and neutral, fact finders