Integration Opportunities and Issues in the Ontario Health Care Sector
Health Group Seminar (Fasken Martineau Institute)
May 17, 2011
Rideau & St Lawrence
333 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Bay Adelaide Centre
Toronto, ON, Canada
, Lynne Golding
, Brian P. Smeenk
A new addition to our program is Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO of Credit Valley Hospital who will be joining us to speak about lessons learned regarding the proposed amalgamation of Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre.
In the wake of recently announced proposed hospital integrations, please join us for a half day seminar on Integration Opportunities and Issues in the Ontario Health Care Sector, focusing principally on hospitals. Considering the gambit from joint officer positions on the one hand to full mergers on the other and many types of integrations in between, the seminar will look at:
- Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO of Credit Valley Hospital - lessons learned regarding the proposed amalgamation of Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre
- Integration and governance issues (led by our guest Elaine Todres, President of Todres Leadership Counsel),
- Government approvals and consultation requirements,
- Applicable financial, labour, professional staff, privacy, procurement and FIPPA issues, and
- Integration framework for adoption by hospital boards.
- 7:45 am - 8:15 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:15 am - 10:30 am Presentation and Q&A
- 10:30 am - 10:45 am Coffee Break
- 10:45 am - 12:00 pm Presentation and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar can be applied towards the 9 hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for the New Member Requirement or the 3 hour Professionalism Requirement.
This seminar will be presented in English only.
This event has passed - registration is closed.