Is Canada taking White Collar Crime Seriously?
White Collar Crime Group
March 22, 2017
Bay Adelaide Centre
333 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Toronto, ON, Canada
Norm Keith will address this timely and important topic of the accountability, criminal enforcement and the social responsibility of corporations in Canada. Topics to be covered will include:
1. The “new normal” of criminalizing corporate behavior;
2. How the Westray Mine disaster changed corporate criminal liability;
3. The problem of proof in white collar prosecutions (Dunn & Duffy);
4. Recent examples of white collar convictions (Karigar & Kazenelson);
5. Will criminal prosecutions make businesses “more ethical”;
6. Towards a rationale model of corporate accountability and compliance.
- 7:45 am - 8:15 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:15 am - 9:15 am Program and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
This is an in-person course.
The cost of this seminar is $15 plus HST per registrant.
For more information
+1 416 943 8976