Labour Mergers and Acquisitions
Numerous legislative provisions and common or civil law requirements create obligations and potential liabilities for parties involved in mergers and acquisitions. So it is important to consider the labour, employment and benefits aspects early on in the deal discussions. Fasken Martineau’s labour and employment lawyers provide purchasers, vendors and other interested parties with advice on all relevant aspects of the law.
With collective knowledge and experience that encompasses every aspect of labour, employment and benefits, we advise clients on a full-range of transaction issues. Our lawyers regularly provide labour and employment advice in all forms of commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and insolvency-related transactions.
- Negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements and all other employment related agreements
- Advice regarding employee transfers and transitions
- Common law and civil law and statutory notice requirements when changing terms or terminating employees
- Strategic planning including combinations and redundancies
- Appropriate structures to protect against liability
- Pension and benefit obligations
- Directors' and officers' liability