Richard Steinberg is the International Chair of Fasken Martineau's Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Richard’s practice focuses on both M&A and corporate finance. Richard has developed particular expertise in significant cross-border M&A and similar strategic transactions, both negotiated and unsolicited, involving Canadian targets and foreign buyers and investors. His corporate finance practice involves acting for both issuers and underwriters in domestic and multi-jurisdictional public and private financings. Richard also regularly advises companies, directors and shareholders on proxy contests, corporate governance and securities law compliance matters.
Richard is a former member of the Securities Advisory Committee of the Ontario Securities Commission, which provides advice to the Commission on a variety of matters including legislative and policy initiatives and capital markets trends.
Honours and Awards
- Legal 500 Canada 2014 for Coporate and M&A
- IFLR1000 2014 for Mergers and Acquisitions
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012-2013 for Corporate Finance & Securities and Corporate Mid-Market
- Member, Senior Securities Legal Advisory Group of the Ontario Securities Commission
- Former Member, Securities Advisory Committee of the Ontario Securities Commission
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association