Rosalind is a partner with Fasken Martineau and has been named in Lexpert's The 2014 Guide to the 500 Leading Lawyers in Canada. She is listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada publication for environmental law, in Lexpert as most frequently recommended in the area of environmental law, in 2014 Who's Who Legal in environmental law and in the PLC Cross-Border Environment Handbook. Rosalind is also on the roster of mediators/arbitrators of the Canadian Centre for Environmental Arbitration and Mediation and is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in environmental law.
Rosalind defends environmental charges, litigates contaminated land and other environmental disputes before all levels of court, and is involved in appeals and environmental assessment proceedings before the Environmental Review Tribunal. Rosalind also arbitrates and mediates environmental disputes. Rosalind has extensive experience advising on all environmental regulatory issues including exposure to environmental liability, brownfields redevelopment, nuclear liability matters, decommissioning and remediation of contaminated lands, environmental compliance approvals, reporting requirements, various aspects of due diligence, and director and officer liability. Rosalind also provides environmental advice in relation to business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, the purchase and sale of real estate and secured lending transactions.
In the occupational health and safety area, Rosalind has been involved in defending charges, dealing with work refusals, appeals of orders issued by the Ministry of Labour and reprisal complaints. She has extensive experience in advising on reporting requirements, the various roles and responsibilities of workplace parties, director and officer liability for health and safety infractions, various aspects of due diligence, and health and safety audits and assessments.
Rosalind has written numerous articles on a wide range of environmental and health and safety issues. She is on the Editorial Board of and a regular contributor to Solid Waste & Recycling Magazine since 2009. She has also spoken on various environmental and health and safety issues at numerous conferences and has lectured at Canadian universities, including the University of Toronto, Osgoode Hall Law School and the University of Western Ontario.
Honours and Awards
- Certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in Environmental Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2011-2015 for Environmental Law
- Chambers Global 2012-2014 for Environment
- The International Who's Who of Environmental Lawyers 2014
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 for Environment
- The 2012 Guide to the 500 Leading Lawyers in Canada
- The Legal 500 Canada 2014-2015 for Environment
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012-2014 as an environmental practitioner
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014 for Environment Law
- Practical Law Company's Cross-Border Environmental Handbook
- Appointed to the Ontario Government Expert Advisory Panel on Brownfields
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association - Environmental Law Executive Section
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Mediator/Arbitrator, Canadian Centre for Environmental Arbitration and Mediation
- Past Chair, Environmental Law Section Executive of the Ontario Bar Association (1999/2000)