Andrew Borrell is a recognized leader in the defence of class actions. Since the introduction of the Class Proceedings Act in British Columbia in 1995, Andrew has represented defendants in dozens of class actions in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. Andrew has defended claims across a broad range of fields including medical products, pharmaceuticals, product liability, prospectus misrepresentation, corporate reorganization, commercial conduct and various consumer claims. Andrew has also advised defendants who anticipate defending class actions or seek to limit their exposure to class actions. Andrew was the founder and first Chair of the Class Action section of the B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association (2000 - 2002) and has written and lectured on various aspects of class action practice. The National Post lists Andrew in their ''Best Lawyers in Canada'' directory in the Class Action Litigation category. LEXPERT selected Andrew for its 2002 ''Top 40 Under 40''.
Andrew has acted as counsel in a variety of corporate and commercial litigation cases. Andrew is an active member of the firm's Class Action and Commercial Litigation practice groups.
Andrew provides legal services through Andrew Borrell Law Corporation.
Honours and Awards
- Named as an “local litigation star” in British Columbia and a “litigation star” for class actions in Canada by Benchmark Canada, 2013
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2010-2013, Class Action Litigation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2010-2012, Class Action
- Founder and first Chair, Class Action Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch) (2000-2003)
- Class Action; Civil Litigation; and Securities Sections; Canadian Bar Association, (BC Branch)