Huy Do is Vice-Chair of Fasken Martineau's Antitrust/Competition & Marketing Law Group and a Partner of the firm. Huy practises business law, with a focus on antitrust/competition and foreign investment law.
Having been seconded to the Competition Bureau in 2002, Huy has extensive experience dealing with the merger notification and review processes, as well as the civil and criminal provisions of the Competition Act. He has provided competition law advice in respect of numerous mergers, reviewable practices and criminal matters under the Competition Act. He also contributed in the preparation of a report to the Commissioner of Competition on amending the conspiracy section (s.45) of the Competition Act. In addition, during his time at the Competition Bureau, Huy was involved in the investigations and prosecutions of hard-core cartels and other anti-competitive conduct under the criminal provisions of the Competition Act. Huy serves as a non-governmental Advisor at the International Competition Network.
Huy also has extensive experience in advising clients, including state-owned enterprises, with respect to Canada's foreign investment law (Investment Canada Act).
Huy joined Fasken Martineau in 2003 and became a partner in 2005. Huy is ranked in the Chambers Global - Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers in Competition/Antitrust. He is also ranked in the PLC Which Lawyer? handbook as a Leading Lawyer in Canada in Competition/Antitrust.
Honours and Awards
- Chambers Global 2011-2014 for Competition/Antitrust
- Named a "Rising Star" by Lexpert magazine, an award honouring Canada's leading lawyers under 40 focusing on their track record of success in legal practice, leadership and community involvement
- Practical Law Company's Which Lawyer? for Competition/Antitrust
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, CBA's Competition Law Section
- Member, CBA Competition Law Section's Criminal Matters Committee
- Member, CBA Annual Competition Law Conference Organizing Committee (2002 and 2004)
- Vice-Chair, Criminal Matters Committee of the Competition Law Section of the CBA
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association - Antitrust Section