Stéphanie Lapierre, Co-Chair of the Commercial Litigation Group, specializes in complex securities, corporate and financial litigation, including securities litigation, shareholder disputes and other financial litigation. She is also regularly involved in Court proceedings undertaken pursuant to corporate statutes including Court sanctioned arrangements, dissidence rights and liquidations.
Stéphanie has been involved in a number of high profile securities law cases, including litigation arising in hostile take-over bids including Abitibi Bowaters' bid on Fibrek and Goldcorp's bid on Osisko. She regularly acts for clients involved in investigations and prosecutions resulting from alleged infractions to securities legislation, including insider trading, tipping and market manipulation.
Boards of directors and senior management of public and private corporations frequently call upon Stéphanie for advice when faced with complex legal issues. They appreciate her ability to provide sound and practical business oriented advice.
Stéphanie is a member of the firm's US Committee and Co-Chair of the firm's Centraide fundraising Campaign.
Stéphanie is the Vice-President of the Canadian Bar Association's Business Law Section - Commercial Litigation Committee and the Co-Chair of the ABA's International Litigation Subcommittee of the ABA's Business Section.
Honours and Awards
- Recognized for her expertise on Securities Litigation in Lexpert/American Lawyer's 2015 Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- Named in Lexpert's 2015 Guide to the Leading US-Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers
- Recognized as one of the leading Canadian practitioners in the area of Litigation - Securities by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (since 2014)
- Named as a “litigation star” for securities in Canada and as a "future star" in Québec in Benchmark Canada 2013
- Named as a “future litigation star” for securities in Canada in Benchmark Canada 2012
- Vice-President, Commercial Litigation Committee of the Quebec Chapter of the Canadian Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the International Litigation Subcommittee of the ABA Business and Litigation Committee
- Vice Chair of the International Young Lawyers Subcommittee and the YLC’s Director to the International Coordinating Committee of the American Bar Association
- Member, Quebec Bar
- Member, Bar of Montreal
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Section
- Member of the Liaison Committee with the Superior Court, Commercial Division (since 2015)