Stéphanie Lapierre specializes in complex corporate and financial litigation, including securities litigation, shareholder disputes, restructuring and other financial litigation. She is also regularly involved in Court proceedings undertaken pursuant to corporate statutes including Court sanctioned arrangements, dissidence rights and liquidations.
Stéphanie has been involved in a number of high profile securities law cases, including litigation arising in hostile take-over bids and litigation concerning various securities law infractions, including insider trading and disseminating false and misleading information.
Boards of directors and senior management of public and private corporations frequently call upon Stéphanie for advice when faced with complex legal issues. They appreciate her ability to provide sound and practical business oriented advice.
Stéphanie is a member of the Canadian Bar Association's Business Law Section - Commercial Litigation Committee.
Honours and Awards
- Recognized as one of the leading Canadian practitioners in the area of Litigation - Securities by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (since 2014)
- Named as a “litigation star” for securities in Canada and as a "future star" in Québec in Benchmark Canada 2013
- Named as a “future litigation star” for securities in Canada in Benchmark Canada 2012
- Member, Quebec Bar
- Member, Bar of Montreal
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederations
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Section
- Co-Chair of the International Litigation Subcommittee of the ABA Business and Litigation Committee
- Vice Chair of the International Young Lawyers Subcommittee and the YLC’s Director to the International Coordinating Committee of the American Bar Association