Thomas Meagher is a partner in Fasken Martineau's Banking and Finance practice group and represents creditors and debtors locally, nationally and internationally. His practice focuses exclusively on structuring, documentation and negotiation of corporate and commercial lending transactions, both secured and unsecured, with a particular emphasis on domestic and cross-border syndicated financings, many of which are multi-currency in nature. Thomas has particular expertise in acquisition and project financings with an emphasis on mine project finance in Latin America, the Caribbean and North America. He has also acted for a number of financial institutions in the development of standard loan and security documentation and in complex inter-creditor matters.
Honours and Awards
- Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers as a leading expert in Banking, Finance and Transactional Law (2015)
- Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers as a leading expert in Banking, Finance and Transactional Law (2014)
- Lexpert’s Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2013 as one of the “Corporate Lawyers to Watch”
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association