Jonathan Lancaster has a litigation practice, with an emphasis on corporate commercial litigation, commercial real estate litigation, lease arbitrations, banking law, product liability litigation, professional negligence and estates litigation.
Jonathan has acted as successful counsel on the leading Ontario cases dealing with mortgagee and tenant rights/priorities (Goodyear); rights of first refusal/options to purchase and equitable defences (Harris); vendors' liens (Silaschi); duties of condominium developers to purchasers (Cam-Valley); restrictive covenants (Martin) and limitation issues (IAS). Jonathan has also acted in a number of large product liability and professional negligence cases dealing with solicitors' and auditors' negligence and also in estates matters.
Jonathan joined the firm as an articling student in 1991 and as an associate in 1993. He became a partner in 1999.
Honours and Awards
- Benchmark Canada, "local litigation star" in Ontario, 2013
- Chambers Global 2012 for Dispute Resolution in Ontario
- Benchmark Canada "local litigation star" in Ontario and "litigation star" for product liability in Canada, 2012
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Lecturer, Law Society of Upper Canada