Antoine Aylwin practices administrative, civil and commercial litigation, with a particular focus on business, for all of the clients that he counsels and represents. His practice areas include accessing information in documents held by public bodies, protecting personal information in the public and private sectors, public and administrative law, disciplinary law, estate litigation and extraordinary remedies, such as injunctions and judicial reviews.
In the course of his practice, he regularly pleads before various levels of courts and administrative tribunals, including the Commission d'accès à l'information and the Régie des marchés agricoles et alimentaires.
He is often invited to give conferences and publish works on such subjects as privacy and information protection. Mr. Aylwin is responsible for drafting the editorial column of the review L'Informateur Public-Privé. He also co-authored a work with Mr. Karl Delwaide entitled "Learning From a Decade of Experience: Québec's Private Sector Privacy Act", published in August 2005 for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Mr. Aylwin also supervised the preparation of the firm's recommendations on application of Canada’s Anti-Spam Law and on requesting employment references.
Mr. Aylwin is highly involved in the legal community. He chaired the Young Bar Association of Montreal from 2009 to 2010, and sat on a number of committees for the Bar of Montreal and the Québec Bar, including the executive committee of each of these organizations (2010-2011).
With the experience he acquired on various boards of directors, he also became interested in governance of organizations. He was able to deepen his understanding of this area by taking a governance seminar through Laval University’s Collège des administrateurs.
Honours and Awards
- Recognized by IP Stars - Trade mark and copyright (2015)
- Serves as Fasken Martineau's Chief Privacy Officer
- Member of the Boards of director, Théâtre de la ligue nationale d'improvisation (LNI) (since 2011)
- Volunteer at the Fondation Montréal inc. (since 2013)
- Member, Young Bar Association of Montreal
- President (2009-2010)
- Board of directors (2005-2011)
- Member, Bar of Montreal
- Board of directors (2010-2011)
- Liaison committee with the Court of Appeal (2011-2014), Chairman (2013-2014)
- Committee on the administration of justice in civil matters (2013-2014)
- Member, Québec Bar
- General council and executive committee (2010-2011)
- Professional Training Committee of the Québec Bar School (2005-2009)
- Teacher at the Bar School (2011-2013)
- Congress Organization Committee (2012-2013)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Steering committee of the Québec branch (2010-2011)
- Member, Wills, Estates and Trusts Section (Québec Division)
- Member, Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Advisory committee of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (Canada) (2007-2012)
- CIPP/Canada Certification Advisory Board (CAB/US) (2011-2013)
- Member, Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee, Société Saint-Vicent-de-Paul (2013-october 2014)
- Member, Governing Board, École de l'Île-des-Soeurs