Jenny Francis is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice covers the full range of company and commercial litigation, arbitration and advisory work. She has a particular interest in civil fraud, jurisdiction and conflict of laws disputes. Jenny has experience at all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada and appears frequently before arbitral and administrative tribunals.
Jenny has represented a diverse range of clients including Impala Platinum, RBC, Lions Gate Entertainment and Freightliner.
Jenny received her LL.B. from the University of British Columbia in 2000, where she received the Ray Herbert Award, as the all-round graduating student. After graduating from law school, Jenny was a judicial law clerk. She was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2002. In 2005, Jenny returned to school to complete graduate studies in law at the University of Oxford, rejoining the firm in September 2006.
Jenny is a frequent lecturer for Continuing Legal Education on a variety of topics and has acted as an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia, teaching civil procedure (2008-2012) and advanced trial advocacy (2016-present).
Honours and Awards
- Named as a “future star” in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada, 2013-2014
- Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia, Advanced Trial Advocacy, 2016-present
- Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia, Civil Procedure, 2008-2012
- Guest lecturer, CLE’s Winning Advocacy (2014 and 2016) and the McEachern Course in Advanced Trial Advocacy (2006-2015)
- Volunteer, Ronald McDonald House of British Columbia, 2014-present
- Course Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Advanced Trial Advocacy, 2003-2005
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Fasken Martineau Student Committee