Ross Gascho practises exclusively in pensions and employee benefits. His practice involves all aspects of the implementation, administration, funding, communication, investment, governance and wind-up of pension, group benefit and profit-sharing arrangements. Ross advises plans sponsors, administrators, financial institutions and trustees regarding federally and provincially regulated defined benefit and defined contribution plans in the private and public sectors for both union and non-union employees. A recognized expert in this area of the law, he advises employers who are redesigning their broad-based plans, both registered and unregistered, to better fit their business objectives. Ross frequently advises on pension and benefit issues in the context of corporate transactions and provides counsel on compliance with regulatory requirements and the development and documentation of pension and employee benefit plans.
He is a frequent speaker and is the author of numerous papers and articles.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member and Past Chair, Ontario Bar Association - Pension & Benefits Section
- Member, Canada Revenue Agency - Pension Advisory Committee
- Member, Financial Services Commission of Ontario - Legal Advisory Committee
- Member, Association of Canadian Pension Management - Ontario Regional Council
- Member, International Pension and Employee Benefits Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation