Keri Gammon is an associate in the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group with a broad practice in commercial litigation and international arbitration. Her experience includes complex contract disputes, shareholder disputes, insurance coverage enforcement, breach of confidence, trust disputes, and intellectual property litigation. She has extensive experience in applications for injunctive relief. She works with clients in a variety of industries including mining, telecommunications, banking, insurance, construction, not-for-profits, transportation, and technology. From 2008-2009, Keri served as assistant commission counsel to the Davies Commission of Inquiry into the Death of Frank Paul.
Together with colleagues in the firm's Vancouver and Montreal offices, Keri was part of the counsel team acting for First Quantum Minerals and its subsidiaries in international arbitration proceedings against the Democratic Republic of the Congo and certain state-owned mining companies relating to three large copper and cobalt mining projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Keri clerked for the Honorable Lance Finch, Chief Justice of British Columbia, at the British Columbia Court of Appeal. She formerly worked in the firm's Vancouver office before joining the Toronto office in 2011.
Honours and Awards
- Law Foundation of Nova Scotia Scholar
- 2006 Judge Fran Potts Award in Law for academic excellence and commitment to the overall spirit of Dalhousie University as well as contribution to the Law School
- Prize for Best Article, Dalhousie Journal of Legal Studies Vol. XV
- Course Co-ordinator, UBC Faculty of Law Advanced Trial Advocacy Seminar (2009-2011)
- Civil Chambers Duty Counsel, Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society Upper Canada
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS)
- Member, Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP)
- Member, ICDR Young and International
- Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association