Keri Gammon is an associate in the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group with a broad practice focused on business disputes involving: commercial contracts, shareholder agreements, companies and partnerships, franchise law, insurance coverage matters, commercial leases, technology and IP, breach of fiduciary duty and non-compete/non-solicit agreements. Additionally, she has considerable experience in international commercial arbitration, applications for injunctive relief, constitutional law and regulatory matters.
In addition to her litigation practice, Keri regularly advises business clients on their contract negotiations and best practices for risk management.
Keri acts for clients across a wide variety of industries including mining, banking, telecommunications, technology, construction, transportation and not-for-profits. She has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario and British Columbia, as well as at numerous mediations, arbitrations and other alternative dispute resolution forums. From 2008-2009 she served as assistant commission counsel to the Frank Paul Inquiry.
Called to the bar in both Ontario (2011) and British Columbia (2008), Keri summered, articled and then practised with the firm in Vancouver until July 2011 when she transferred to the Toronto office. Prior to articles, she clerked for the Honourable Lance Finch, then Chief Justice of British Columbia, at the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Honours and Awards
- Law Foundation of Nova Scotia Scholar
- 2006 Judge Fran Potts Award in Law for academic excellence and commitment to the overall spirit of Dalhousie University as well as contribution to the Law School
- Prize for Best Article, Dalhousie Journal of Legal Studies Vol. XV
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Ontario - Small Claims Court Project
- Course Co-ordinator, UBC Faculty of Law Advanced Trial Advocacy Seminar (2009-2011)
- Civil Chambers Duty Counsel, Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society Upper Canada
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS)
- Member, Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP)
- Member, ICDR Young and International
- Member, LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association