Marc Rodrigue is an Associate with the Firm's Labour, Employment and Human Rights practice group. He maintains a broad practice including matters relating to human rights, employment agreements and terminations, departing employee litigation, labour relations and collective agreement interpretation.
Prior to joining Fasken Martineau as an associate, Marc articled with the Firm in 2011/2012. During that time, he represented Toronto articling students on the Ontario Bar Association Council. He also summered with the Firm in 2010, during which time he was seconded to the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
Marc has appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, referees appointed under the Canada Labour Code, labour relations arbitrators, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, and the Ontario Small Claims Court.
Honours and Awards
- Graduating Student Honour Award, Osgoode Hall Law School (2011)
- Alexander David McKenzie Scholarship, Osgoode Hall Law School (2009-2010)
- Stephen George Legget Q.C. Memorial Scholarship, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- St. Francis Xavier University Alumni Network Toronto Chapter President (2015 to Present)
- Steering Committee, Toronto Public Library's Law in the Library Program
- New Collection, Toronto Public Library Foundation
- Mentor, Big Brother Big Sisters of Toronto (2010-2014)
- Articling Student Ambassador, Ontario Bar Association (2011-2012)
- Project Director and Member, International Legal Partnerships of Osgoode Hall Law School (2009-2011)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Chair of the Ontario Bar Association’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Conference (SOGIC)
- Member, Fasken Martineau Law School Liaison Committee
- Chair, Fasken Martineau's Pride Network (Ontario)
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, LAWS High School Mentorship Program (University of Toronto)