Tanneke Heersche is a Partner at Fasken Martineau in Johannesburg, with a particular focus on the natural resources sector.
Tanneke is highly regarded for her expertise and experience in the mining industry where she is recognised as a leading legal advisor. Her extensive experience includes advising on all aspects of the development and financing of mining and other natural resource projects in emerging markets. She regularly advises major international mining companies, international financial institutions as well as governments.
Honours and Awards
- Recognised by Chambers Global as a leading lawyer within the fields of 'Energy & Natural Resources: Mining' (South Africa) and 'Projects & Energy' (Africa-wide); Tanneke is highlighted for her "unbelievably good understanding of business and the commercial rationale of transactions." She is also noted as a Canadian 'Experts Based Abroad' and a South African 'Foreign Expert' within the field of 'Energy & Natural Resources: Mining' (2013 edition)
- Recognised by Legal Experts - Europe, Middle East & Africa as an expert within the field of 'Mining - South Africa' (2013 edition)
- Recognised by Chambers Global as a 'Leading Individual' within the field of 'Projects and Energy'. Tanneke is also recognised for her expertise within the field of 'Energy & Natural Resources: Mining' and is noted for her "wide-ranging experience in natural resources work across Africa and internationally" (2012 edition)
- Recognised within Expert Guides 'Women in Business Law' for her expertise in the field of 'Energy and Natural Resources - South Africa' (2012 edition)
- Recognised as one of the 'Most Highly Regarded Individuals' within the field of Mining law by the International Who's Who Legal and praised for being "one of the finest mining lawyers in Africa" (2009-2012 editions)
- Recognised by Chambers Global as a leading lawyer within the fields of 'Energy & Natural Resources: Mining' (South Africa) and 'Projects & Energy' (Africa); Tanneke is noted as being a "highly respected legal adviser to many players in the mining industry" and is highlighted for her "truly global" experience "having handled matters not just in Africa, but also in South America and Central Asia" (2009-2011 editions)
- Recognised by Legal Experts as an authority in the field of Mining (2011 edition)
- Law Society of Upper Canada