Kareen Zimmer practises general corporate and business law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, financings, and financial institution regulation. She advises clients on a wide range of complex corporate and commercial matters including share and asset purchase and sale transactions, government privatizations, venture capital investments, and tax-related corporate reorganizations. She has also managed and negotiated the successful resolution of numerous shareholder disputes.
Kareen has particular experience in the financial services sector and provides governance, transactional, financing and regulatory advice to credit unions, banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions. She has represented and counseled financial institutions in the following circumstances:
- mergers & acquisitions, permitted investments and ownership structures;
- portfolio transfers and securitizations;
- creation of new products/services and consumer protection; and
- outsourcing arrangements and technology services agreements.
Kareen has a special interest in crown corporations and other governmental bodies and has provided numerous entities with governance, commercial and transactional advice on acquisitions and divestitures, public-private partnerships, complex services agreements, alternate service delivery arrangements and other high profile and sensitive matters.
Kareen also practises advertising and marketing law, and advises on contests, lotteries and gaming legislation and policy both in British Columbia and across Canada.
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Member Former Director and Executive Member
- Former Chair, VBA Articling Committee
- Association of Women in Finance
- Former Vice President
- Canadian Bar Association
- Business Law Section, BC Branch – Current Member and Former Chair, Secretary
- Women Lawyers Forum - Mentoring and Event Planning Committees
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs - Member
- Association of Corporate Growth - Member