Kareen Zimmer practises general corporate and business law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, financings, and financial institution regulation. She advises clients on complex corporate and commercial matters in a wide variety of industries, including share and asset purchase and sale transactions, cross-border transactions, venture capital investments, P3 transactions, infrastructure transactions, and tax-related corporate reorganizations. She has also managed and negotiated the successful resolution of numerous shareholder disputes.
Kareen has particular experience in the financial services sector and provides governance, transactional, financing and regulatory advice to credit unions, banks, insurance agencies, insurance companies and trust companies. She has represented and counseled financial institutions in the following circumstances:
- mergers & acquisitions, permitted investments and ownership structures;
- portfolio transfers and securitizations;
- creation of new products/services and consumer protection; and
- outsourcing arrangements and services agreements.
Kareen has a special interest in crown corporations and other governmental bodies and has provided numerous entities with governance, commercial and transactional advice on acquisitions and divestitures, public-private partnerships, complex services agreements, alternate service delivery arrangements and other high profile and sensitive matters.
Kareen also practises advertising and marketing law, and advises on contests, lotteries and gaming legislation and policy both in British Columbia and across Canada.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Forum - Executive Committee Member, Member at Large, Mentoring and Awards Committees
- Business Law Section, BC Branch – Current Member and Former Chair, Secretary
- UBC Law Alumni Association - Member, Board of Directors
- Firm Representative, Justicia Project, Law Society of British Columbia
- Firm Representative, Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Former Director and Executive Member
- Former Chair, VBA Articling Committee
- Association of Women in Finance
- Former Vice President