Norm Keith specializes in employment, environment, health & safety, workers' compensation, regulatory and white collar crime litigation. He advises clients in all areas of human resources, regulatory and criminal investigations and compliance. He also represents clients on privacy law, alternative dispute resolution, insider trading, anti-corruption and corporate governance disputes. He regularly represents employers at human rights, labour arbitration, workers' compensation and other administrative tribunals.
Norm completed Ironman Austria in June 2014, his fourth Ironman distance triathlon. Norm has worked as a Hard Rock miner and on construction projects in the Sudbury area as summer employment.
Norm is an accomplished trial lawyer and recognized as a leader in his field. During his career, he has been counsel at all levels of courts including the Supreme Court of Canada. He has successfully defended over 1,000 charges under regulatory and criminal statutes. He is counsel to clients in the construction, energy, forestry, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, infrastructure and transportation industries.
Norm earned his Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation in 1998, making him the first practising lawyer in Canada to achieve the CRSP designation. He has written numerous articles, is an accomplished speaker, and has authored 12 books including Corporate Crime and Accountability in Canada, Canadian Health and Safety Law, Workplace Health & Safety Crimes, Canadian Emergency Management and Response Manual, Human Resources Guide to Preventing Violence, Alcohol and Drugs in the Canadian Workplace, Insider Trading in Canada and Canadian Anti-Corruption Law and Compliance.
Honours and Awards
- International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2013, 2014
- International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers 2012
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2012, 2014
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2002-2012, 2014)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2006-2014)
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association - Criminal Justice Division
- Member, Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario
- Member, Association of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Member, Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers