Norm Keith specializes in employment, occupational health & safety, workers' compensation, regulatory and white collar crime litigation. He advises and represents clients in human resources, regulatory and criminal investigations and charges. He also advises and represents clients on privacy law, alternative dispute resolution, insider trading, corruption of foreign public officials law and corporate governance matters. He regularly represents employers at human rights, labour arbitration, workers' compensation and other administrative tribunals.
Norm recently completed the New York City Marathon, for the second time, and has completed three Ironman distance triathlons.
Norm is an accomplished trial lawyer and recognized as a leader in his field. During his career, he has been counsel at all levels of courts including the Supreme Court of Canada. He has successfully defended over 1,000 charges under the regulatory and criminal statutes. He has represented clients in the construction, energy, forestry, infrastructure, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, and transportation industries. Norm has worked as a Hard Rock miner and on construction projects in the Sudbury area.
Norm earned his Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation in 1998, making him the first practising lawyer in Canada to achieve the CRSP designation. He has written numerous articles, is an accomplished speaker, and has authored 12 books including Corporate Crime and Accountability in Canada, Canadian Health and Safety Law, Workplace Health & Safety Crimes, Canadian Emergency Management and Response Manual, Human Resources Guide to Preventing Violence, Alcohol and Drugs in the Canadian Workplace, Insider Trading in Canada and Canadian Anti-Corruption Law and Compliance.
Honours and Awards
- International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2013
- International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers 2012
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2012
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2010-2012)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2006-2012)
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario
- Member, Association of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Member, Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers