The life sciences industry demands a keen appreciation of today’s business realities, combined with a unique understanding of complex regulatory requirements, health related technology and current industry standards. Fasken Martineau’s Life Sciences group brings this depth of knowledge when advising life sciences clients on commercial and intellectual property agreements. We work seamlessly with your business development and other professionals to prepare for, negotiate and conclude the deal.
In addition to optimising your commercial and intellectual property opportunities, we also advise on other important deal related matters (e.g. tax and customs requirements, regulatory compliance, and competition law compliance) to structure each deal appropriately. Our goal is to offer cost-effective and pragmatic support to your negotiating team.
Outsourcing non-core functions is becoming the modus operandi of many companies in the life sciences industry. Even the largest companies increasingly use third-party suppliers of services or people for research, clinical development, manufacturing, distribution, promotion, facilities management and ad hoc human resource requirements.
We can help you put in place the right contractual and pre-contractual documentation to protect your position and specify your requirements. This is vital throughout the process—whether establishing preferred suppliers, tendering, drafting confidentiality agreements and letters of intent or negotiating the final agreement.
We work with pharmaceutical and medical device companies in all stages of development from early stage to multinational public companies in relation to outsourcing, strategic partnerships, supply chain and international development. We also advise clients in the biotechnology, cosmetics, and food supplements and functional foods industries.
- Due diligence
- Material transfer agreements
- Option and evaluation agreements
- Research collaborations and co-development agreements
- Platform technology licenses
- Co-promotion and co-marketing agreements
- Manufacturing and associated quality agreements
- License agreements
- Product acquisition and disposal
- Product licence/marketing authorization transfers
- Contract research arrangements with academic institutions
- Master and project specific agreements with contract research and site management organisations
- Technical agreements for CGMO compliance
- Software, hardware support and helpline agreements