Martin Denyes assumed the role of Fasken Martineau's Regional Managing Partner, Ontario Region effective February 1, 2011. In that role, he is responsible for overall operations in the Toronto and Ottawa offices, which comprise over 550 people including over 200 lawyers. He is also a member of the firm's Partnership Board and is dedicated to working proactively to enhance and build the Firm's relationships with clients and in its communities.
Martin's legal practice is as an employment and labour lawyer, helping employers solve their workplace crises. His experience includes:
- assisting management teams in developing policies, practices and attitudes that help them stay union free;
- successfully advising employers during union organizing drives;
- negotiating collective agreements to mandate;
- successfully assisting management teams with plant closure and relocation decisions;
- grievance arbitration;
- labour relations board litigation;
Martin also helps executives manage their way through the complications and risks of today's employment environment. He negotiates employment agreements on behalf of executives and assists them through changes in their increasingly complex working relationships.
Martin is a talented trainer, combining a depth of legal knowledge and entertaining training style. In recent years, he has trained employers and their managers on human rights issues, sexual harassment, privacy compliance, managing in the unionized workplace, managing to stay union free, attendance management and workplace investigations.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association