Fasken Martineau’s mining expertise stands out in The International Who’s Who of Mining Lawyers 2013
February 8, 2013
– Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, announced today that it was recognized as a "star firm" for Mining Law in the 2013 edition of The International Who's Who of Mining Lawyers
. Several of the firm's lawyers were also recognized as outstanding practitioners of Mining Law.
Who's Who Legal
provides the following assessment and praise of the firm's lawyers:
About Who's Who Legal research
- Michael Bourassa, a Toronto-based partner, is described as an "unquestionable master" of mining and is listed amongst the "most highly regarded individuals"
- John Turner, leader of Fasken Martineau's Global Mining Group, and Charles Higgins, a Toronto-based partner, are mentioned for their transactional expertise
- Josh Lewis, a partner based in Vancouver is described by his peers as a "great lawyer"
- In Québec, Jean M. Gagné is mentioned as "an asset to the firm" for his transactional work
- In London, Thomas Wexler is praised for the "considerable international strength" he provides to Fasken Martineau
- In Africa, Who's Who Legal highlights the efforts of Tanneke Heersche who has contributed greatly to Fasken Martineau's "strong presence" in Johannesburg.
Nominees were selected based upon comprehensive, independent survey work with both general counsel and private practice lawyers worldwide. Only specialists who met independent international research criteria were listed.
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 770 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London, Paris and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at www.fasken.com