Tracey Cohen is a partner and a member of the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. She joined the firm in 1992 after clerking for the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Tracey has an impressive depth of knowledge and experience in resolving complex commercial disputes using the most effective means possible - litigation, negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Tracey has appeared before all levels of Court in British Columbia and as counsel in numerous arbitrations and mediations.
Tracey is known for her pragmatic approach and ability and dedication in attempting to truly understand her clients' business and developing a strategy that reflects it. Tracey is a frequent lecturer for CLE on a variety of topics and is named by several legal ranking publications as a leading practitioner.
Honours and Awards
- Chambers Canada 2016-2017 for Dispute Resolution (British Columbia) ("Emphatically described by one client as "nothing short of a genius," Tracey Cohen is recognised for her work on corporate/commercial disputes. One interviewee enthused: "She is very bright, understands the nuances of the law very well and makes sound recommendations based on the risk. She is a good strategist who is also very strong in developing relationships.")
- The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2011-2017 for Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2015-2016 repeatedly recommended for Litigation - Securities
- Benchmark Litigation 2014-2016, named among the Top 25 Women Litigators in Canada
- Benchmark Canada, a guide to Canada's leading litigators
- Martindale-Hubbell “BV” rating
- Fundraiser, Combined Jewish Appeal Campaign of Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Securities Law Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Discipline Committee of the Law Society of British Columbia (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Member, Western Canada Commercial Arbitration Society