Our firm has long been associated with the transportation industry. Several of our transportation lawyers have international reputations in the area. Through our connections with transportation lawyers worldwide we are able to provide our clients with international advice on all aspects of their businesses. We provide both commercial and litigation representation and advice to all parties in the transportation chain, including shippers and receivers of goods, transportation intermediaries, charterers, carriers by sea, air, rail and road, insurers and related enterprises.
Our clients include major domestic and international insurers, protection and indemnity associations, national and international transportation companies, terminal and warehouse operators, intermodal and multimodal carriers, logistics companies and numerous firms engaged in carrying goods and passengers. Specific areas of activities include:
- Acquisitions/Sale and Purchase registration and financing of ships, aircraft and rolling stock.
- Advice regarding collision, fire, pollution and other disasters.
- Cargo claims, including subrogation and defence work.
- Licensing regulatory and administrative matters.
- Representation of transportation clients in court, arbitration and mediation.
- Representation before shipping inquiries, administrative tribunals and agencies and legislative committees.
- Taxation advice.
- Transportation insurance, including claims, policy and interpretation advice.
- Environmental advice and representation.
- Ports and terminals.