Jeffrey Kaufman is a senior partner specializing in commercial litigation and privacy law. He has an extensive practice in civil and commercial litigation and is Co-Director of Fasken Martineau's National Privacy Group.
Jeff acts in all types of civil litigation matters at the trial and appellate levels in Ontario and elsewhere. His areas of expertise include director and officer shareholder and partnership disputes, class actions, securities litigation, investor and tax shelter litigation, employment, estates, construction and real estate litigation, professional negligence, health law, insolvency and receivership, intellectual property as well as privacy and defamation matters.
He has lectured extensively on a variety of litigation matters for the Ontario Bar Association and other industry associations and has been lead counsel in a number of significant cases.
Jeff is one of the leading experts in privacy law and received the Ontario Bar Association's Award for Excellence in Privacy Law in July 2007.
He has lectured and written extensively on a variety of privacy related topics and is co-author of the Privacy Law in the Private Sector: An Annotation of the Legislation in Canada, published by Canada Law Book.
Jeff joined the firm as an associate in 1982 and became a partner in 1987.
Honours and Awards
- Past President and CEO, D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) Canada
- Past Chairman (Ontario Region), State of Israel Bonds
- Past Governor, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
- Executive Member, Past Co-chair, Ontario Bar Association - Privacy Law Section
- Executive Member, Canadian Bar Association - National Privacy Section
- Member, Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association