Keri Bennett engages in a broad labour and employment practice advising public and private sector organizations on employment agreements, disability and accommodation, wrongful dismissals, departing employee litigation, collective agreement interpretation and unfair labour practices. Keri also advises on employer obligations under employment standards, workers’ compensation, human rights and privacy legislation and works with employers to craft effective workplace policies and procedures.
Prior to joining the Vancouver office, Keri was an associate in the Toronto office of Fasken Martineau LLP and represented clients before labour arbitrators, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, the Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Ontario Ministry of Labour Employment Standards Practice, the Ontario Labour Board and the Superior Court of Justice.
Honours and Awards
- LSUC Education Equity Award (2009)
- Leadership Award, University of Toronto Faculty of Law (2007/2008)
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Professional Women's Network