Keri Bennett engages in a broad labour and employment practice advising public and private sector organizations on employment agreements, disability and accommodation, wrongful dismissals, departing employee litigation, collective agreement interpretation and unfair labour practices. Keri also advises on employer obligations under employment standards, workers’ compensation, human rights and privacy legislation and works with employers to craft effective workplace policies and procedures. Keri represents clients before tribunals such as the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal as well as the Ministry of Labour Employment Standards Practice, the Ontario Labour Board, courts and labour arbitrators.
Honours and Awards
- LSUC Education Equity Award (2009)
- Leadership Award, University of Toronto Faculty of Law (2007/2008)
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Young Women in Law