Chuck Willms is the Chair of the firm's National Aboriginal Law Practice Group. He has considerable experience in Aboriginal, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Commercial, Competition, Constitutional, Construction, Energy, Forestry, Property Assessment and Mining matters. He has appeared as counsel before the Property Assessment Appeal Board, Competition Tribunal, Supreme Court of British Columbia, Yukon Supreme Court, Alberta Court of Queens Bench, Courts of Appeal of British Columbia, Alberta and Yukon, Federal Courts of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada. He has extensive experience in alternate dispute resolution matters including negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
Chuck is the chair of the Vancouver Specialty Litigation Business Unit.
Chuck provides legal services through C.F. Willms Law Corporation.
Honours and Awards
- Chambers Global 2012 & 2013, Aboriginal Law (Canada)
- Named as an “local litigation star” in British Columbia and a “litigation star” for Aboriginal law in Canada by Benchmark Canada, 2013
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2011-2013, Aboriginal Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2011-2012, Aboriginal Law
- Named as an "Aboriginal law star" and "Competition litigation star" and as a "local litigation star" for Aboriginal law, commercial litigation, competition and environmental law in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada
- Director, British Columbia Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (BCSSGA)
- BC Roadbuilders and Heavy Duty Construction Association
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Member of Aboriginal Affairs Committee (PDAC)
- British Columbia Business Council - Aboriginal Affairs Committee