Managing workplace absenteeism is one of the most difficult human resources issues facing employers today. Employers who fail to properly manage absenteeism expose their organization to a myriad of liabilities, including union grievances, complaints of human rights violations, and even regulatory investigation and/or prosecution. Fasken can help your organization minimize its exposure to these issues by advising you in relation to the implementation and maintenance of effective workplace strategies and policies aimed at minimizing absenteeism, and the proper management of those cases that could potentially develop into much larger problems.
This half-day course was designed specifically to assist human resource and loss control managers and OHS professionals. It includes a review of some of the most effective management strategies for the promotion and management of employee attendance in addition to practical guidance that has been designed to help you and your organization avoid the many pitfalls associated with excessive absenteeism.
Seminar topics include:
- Employment standards rules relating to attendance management
- Preventing H1N1 absenteeism risk
- Specific issues pertaining to managing absenteeism in unionized workplaces
- Human rights law, absenteeism and the duty to accommodate
- Workers' compensation issues associated with attendance management
- Practical strategies for reducing employee absenteeism for managers and employers
Human resource managers, loss control managers, health and safety professionals, and managers and supervisors.
- May 10 , 2018
- November 6, 2018
This half-day seminar costs $195 + HST per registrant.
If you are interested in having the training take place at your location, please contact us at email@example.com.