Brian practices labour relations, employment and workplace human rights law. He acts for both private and public sector clients, advising on all aspects of labour relations including representation of clients before arbitrators and other tribunals and negotiating collective agreements and acting both as counsel and employer nominee in interest arbitration cases.
His expertise extends to a full range of employment law matters including employment agreements and policies, employee terminations, employment standards, privacy rights, occupational health and safety matters, pay equity, workplace human rights, worker compensation and employee compensation and benefits.
A frequent speaker on labour, employment and human rights issues, Brian speaks at professional conferences and seminars. He also conducts seminars and training programs for clients.
Frequently writing articles and commentaries, Brian is the author of the chapter on Canadian labour and employment law in the European Lawyer Reference book published by Thomson Reuters, entitled Labour and Employment Law. He is also the editor of the Canadian Chapter in the textbook International and EU Employment Law published by Jordans in the United Kingdom.
Brian’s expertise is recognized in Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Who’s Who Legal and Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Rankings and Awards
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 for Labour & Employment
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015-2017 for Employment Law and Labour Relations
- Chambers Global 2014-2015 for Employment and Labour
- Chambers Canada 2016 and 2017 for Employment and Labour: Ontario
- Legal 500 Canada 2016 for Labour and Employment
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2006-2018 for Labour and Employment Law
- Who's Who Legal (International and Canadian editions)
- The Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Labour and Employment Lawyers
- Practical Law Company's Which Lawyer?
- Recognized as an Acritas Star™ Lawyer 2016