One Permanent Position Available - Montreal Office
Fasken is a top tier law firm and Canadian leader in business law and litigation that offers interesting and attractive career opportunities. With more than 700 lawyers, the firm offers a wide range of legal services for its national and international clients from its offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Québec, London, Johannesburg and Beijing.
Fasken’s intellectual property team is composed of lawyers, trademark agents and patent agents. Our intellectual property expertise covers a number of industries such as artificial intelligence, life sciences, electronic entertainment, telecommunications, food, mining, transportation, energy, environmental technology, construction and real estate.
We are currently looking for one patent agent with high-technology expertise in areas such as software, artificial intelligence and telecommunications to join the collaborative team of our Intellectual Property practice group, where a host of interesting challenges await you.
This is your opportunity to work in an international law firm with one of the busiest patent practices and to join a team that believes in collaboration and mutual support. You will be responsible for preparing patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity and infringement opinions as well as providing advice with regard to creating and managing patent portfolios and conducting due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics or electrical engineering, computer science or related field;
- Graduate degree such as a Master’s or Ph. D an asset;
- Registered patent agent and a few years of experience as a patent agent;
- Law degree a definite asset;
- Prior experience in patent drafting and prosecution;
- Excellent command of both French and English, spoken and written.
Personal and Professional
- Meticulous, with strong analytical and communication skills;
- Able to work independently in a cooperative environment;
- Able to take the initiative and be resourceful;
- Have business acumen and client focus.
Fasken is a key player in the Quebec legal community. We offer a friendly work environment, stimulating projects, a competitive salary and a full range of employee benefits. You might also enjoy our on-site fitness facilities and free group exercise classes!
Are you up to the challenge?
Join a team that is internationally recognized for its expertise. Fulfill your potential and send your application in complete confidence to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.