Fasken Martineau's Antitrust/Competition & Marketing Law Group and Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions Group invite you to attend a breakfast seminar that will discuss the strategic considerations in acquisitions by state-owned enterprises ("SOEs"). We will explore a hypothetical transaction and analyze it from the perspectives of the SOE, the Canadian target and the competing purchaser to the SOE.
- What are the recent trends for SOE acquisitions in Canada?
- Hurdles under the Investment Canada Act and Competition Act
- Addressing "Net Benefit" and "National Security" issues under the Investment Canada Act?
- Special Investment Canada Act and Competition Act considerations in relation to unsolicited takeover bids
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Presentation and Q&A
This event has passed - registration is closed.