Fasken's Symposium provides corporate counsel with educational seminars for continuing professional development. This complimentary half-day event will help you achieve up to three hours of education that can be applied towards CPD requirements of the Ontario Law Society of Upper Canada.
Learn from recognized legal professionals
- Network with your peers as you study alongside them
- Speak and consult with our lawyers
Applications are being made to the LSUC to have certain sessions accredited for purposes of the New Member Requirement and for the Professionalism Requirement. We will update this page on the granting of such accreditation, if and when it is received. Please check back to see if a session you are interested in attending has been accredited.
Our complimentary event has plenty to offer! Preview the topics below and follow the links to register. Choose one seminar for each time slot.
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am - 9:30 am Topic Details
1. Protecting Your Business Through Enforceable Employment Agreements
2. The Need-to-Knows in M & A Transactions*
3. Electronic Evidence and E-Discovery: Essentials for Corporate Counsel*
9:30 am - 9:45 am Coffee Break
9:45 am - 10:45 am Topic Details
1. Privilege Issues for In-House Counsel: The Current State of the Law*
2. Income Tax – What's Happened and What's Coming. What Corporate Counsel Should Know.
3. Insider Trading in the Information Age: Not Just a Public Company Issue
10:45 am - 11:00 am Coffee Break
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Topic Details
1. Shaking Hands with the Devil: New Rules for Letters of Intent and Oral Contracts
2. Lobbying the Government of Canada: Disclosure and Ethics*
3. Seller Beware: Risk Management Strategies For Product Recalls and Liability Issues
12:00 pm Box Lunch
* This seminar has been accredited by LSUC. Check the "Topic Details" page for the respective seminar time slot to view more details on the accreditation.
This event has passed - registration is closed.