Fasken Martineau invites you to a complimentary half-day morning seminar on human rights and privacy law. The seminar, hosted by the Labour, Employment and Human Rights group, will provide the up-to-the-minute information you need to stay current on critically important topics and issues. Special guest Norm Trerise will provide an update from the BC Human Rights Tribunal.
Seminar topics will include:
- Duty to Accommodate – David McDonald
- Social Media: the New Shop Floor – Stephanie Gutierrez
- Freedom of Information: Tips, Traps and Trends – Lindsey Taylor
- Tackling the Topic of Workplace Harassment – Nicola Sutton
- Human Rights Case Law Update – David Wong
- Accountability for Personal Information - is your Organization Compliant? – Lorene Novakowski
- Thoughts from the BC Human Rights Tribunal – Norm Trerise
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am | Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Accreditation
This update may be eligible for CHRP credit from the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA). Eligibility is dependant on how participants log the event in their log book and how they relate the event to their Required Professional Capabilities (RPC).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Note to in-house counsel attendees: This seminar offers 3.0 hours of accredited learning activities that have been approved by the Law Society of British Columbia's Continuing Professional Development Program.
Register early to secure your seat. Space is limited.
This event has passed - registration is closed.