Fasken Martineau's Symposium provides corporate counsel with educational seminars for continuing professional development. This complimentary half-day event will help you achieve up to three hours of education that can be applied towards CPD requirements of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Learn from recognized legal professionals
Network with your peers as you study alongside them
Speak and consult with our lawyers
Applications are being made to the LSUC to have certain sessions accredited for purposes of the New Member Requirement and for the Professionalism Requirement. We will update our Symposium Syllabus on the granting of such accreditation, if and when it is received. Please check back to see if a session you are interested in attending has been accredited.
Our complimentary event has plenty to offer! Preview the topics below and follow the links to register. Choose one seminar for each time slot.
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am - 9:30 am Topic Details
1. You've Been Served: Timely, Practical and Strategic Approaches to the Defence of a Class Action
2. On Target Marketing: Avoiding Pitfalls in Advertising and Promotions
3. The Nuts and Bolts of Legal Project Management for In-House Counsel*
9:30 am - 9:45 am Coffee Break
9:45 am - 10:45 am Topic Details
1. Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption - A Growing Corporate Imperative
2. Distress: Insolvent Customers and Suppliers (and others)
3. Discharging Employees: In-House Counsel's Legal and Professional Obligations*
10:45 am - 11:00 am Coffee Break
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Topic Details
1. Key Anti-Spam and Privacy Compliance Issues for Corporate Counsel
2. Bridge Over Troubled Waters - Managing Internal Investigations*
3. Dealing with Internet Risks to Your Business: Preventative Steps, Legal Responses and Litigation Remedies
12:00 pm Box Lunch
Asterisk (*) indicates that the seminar has been accredited by the Law Society for Professionalism Hours and/or for New Member CPD Hours.
This event has passed - registration is closed.