Fasken Martineau’s Labour, Employment and Human Rights group invites you to a complimentary breakfast seminar on Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
Lorene Novakowski and William Duvall will provide an update on recent amendments to the Workers Compensation Act, changing how mental disorder claims are compensated, and creating new employer requirements to protect against bullying or personal harassment.
Seminar topics will include:
- Legislative Change: new s.5.1 (Mental Disorder)
- Resulting WorkSafeBC Policies: New Employer Duties
- Review of Specific Employer Duties:
a. risk assessments for workplace bullying and harassment;
b. policies on workplace bullying and harassment;and
c. investigation of complaints of workplace bullying and harassment.
- Employer’s Risk of Penalties for failure to ensure safe workplace(bullying and harassment)
- Into the Future: Implications for Employers
Register early to secure your seat. Space is limited.
Note: Lawyers may apply this 1.5 credit hour seminar towards their Continuing Professional Development requirements under the Law Society of British Columbia.
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am | Seminar Presentation
This event has passed - registration is closed.