Fasken Martineau is delighted to invite you to discuss issues of risk and uncertainty from a Canadian legal perspective, at The Old Library in Lloyds of London.
- 5:00 pm - Registration and refreshments
- 5:30 pm - Welcome
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- 6:45 pm - Cocktail reception and networking
Topics to be covered include:
Introduction: Canada for Plaintiffs: Still USA lite?
Jurisdiction in Canada: Catch as catch can!
- New era in choice of Canadian jurisdiction
- Cost to insurers: up or down?
- Review of new cases
- What you need to know
Directors' Fiduciary Duties: Progressive development or unreasonable expansion?
- Evolution of scope of directors' responsibility enunciated by Supreme Court of Canada
- Reaction of Boards - evolution of corporate responsibility as "good corporate citizens"
Risk Led Lawyering
- Risk is the new buzz word in Boardrooms: the insurance industry has lived it for centuries
- All risk is in the final analysis legal risk
- Bringing claims and litigation experience to front end lawyering
- Claims trend prediction - the Canadian angle
- Legal risk audits
- Practical discussion point - BC Oil and Gas Commission findings on shale gas seismic risks