The laws that regulate Canadian lobbying - making representations to federal, provincial and municipal governments - continue to evolve. Each year, businesses must adapt to changes and updates to the rules and interpretations.
Lobbying transparency does not just affect professional lobbyists. In fact, lobbying laws also concern companies and organizations whose employees communicate with government officials. In many cases, responsibility for compliance falls on corporate CEOs.
This exclusive seminar, presented by two of the country's leading legal experts on the regulation of lobbying--Ottawa's Guy Giorno and Toronto's Sean Morley--along with Sergio Custodio in Vancouver, provides an in-depth update of new developments across all Canadian lobbying laws: federal, provincial, and municipal. It is the place to learn how changes will affect your business or organization.
Topics to be covered
- New developments in laws that regulate lobbying of federal, provincial and municipal governments
- Statutory amendments across all jurisdictions
- Developments and trends in enforcement
- Political activity by lobbyists
- Proposed changes to the federal Lobbying Act
- Special update: codes of conduct for those engaged in government relations
Who should attend
- Business leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What people are saying
- Read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Martineau Lobbying Law seminars.
A CDN $399 (+HST) seminar fee entitles participants to breakfast and the following:
- A detailed presentation by leading Canadian legal experts on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno and Sean Morley with Sergio Custodio
- Exclusive materials that cover all Canadian jurisdictions
- In-depth question and answer session
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am | Registration and Hot Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 11:30 am | Seminar with Q&A
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm | Optional 1-on-1 follow up with presenters
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Note: Lawyers may apply this 3.0 credit hour seminar towards their CPD requirements under the Law Society of British Columbia.
Offices of Fasken Martineau
2900-550 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 0A3
This event has passed. Registration is now closed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296 or +1 866 635 3131 Ext. 3296