Fasken Martineau's Labour, Employment & Human Rights group invites you to join us for its Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights and Privacy Law 2013 on Thursday, May 23, 2013.
You will not want to miss out on this complimentary half-day morning seminar--which takes the place of our previous two annual updates into one blockbuster offering. Attending guests will receive important up-to-date information on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law.
Our lawyers will discuss and provide updates on:
- The Backlash on Temporary Foreign Workers: Attacking a Beneficial Program - Thora Sigurdson
- Labour Law Update - Stephanie Gutierrez
- The Dope on Drugs: Recent Developments in the Area of Drug & Alcohol Testing - Clayton Jones
- What’s New in Privacy Law - Lorene Novakowski
- Human Rights Case Law Update - David G. Wong
- Key Issues with the Employment Standards Act - Chuck Harrison and Nicola Sutton
- Best Practices for Hiring the Best Workforces - Lindsey Taylor
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm | Seminar Presentations
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Accreditation
This update may be eligible for CHRP credit from the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA). Eligibility is dependent on how participants log the event in their log book and how they relate the event to their Required Professional Capabilities (RPC).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
An application to have this seminar recognized as meeting the mandatory continuing professional development requirements for lawyers have been submitted to the Law Society of British Columbia.
This event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
Justin Q. Mui
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296