Don't miss Fasken Martineau's 5th Symposium, a unique training activity for in-house counsel in Québec.
In addition to workshops on legal and corporate subjects making headlines, this event provides the perfect opportunity for you to network with over 600 of your peers.
This year, we are honoured to welcome Ms. Julie Payette, Scientific Authority for Québec in Washington and member of the Canadian Space Agency's Astronaut Corps.
7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. | Workshop details
- Liability in the context of pre-contractual negotiations
- A new era for defence measures in Canada?
- What are the smartest ways to negotiate operating costs in commercial leases?
9:45 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. | Workshop details
- Ethics and the daily routine of corporate lawyers: Practical aspects
- How can I remedy the unfavourable consequences of my transaction?
- The challenges and new opportunities of cloud computing
11:00 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. | Workshop details
- How to draft and implement indemnity clauses in the context of sale/purchase transactions
- The ABCs of financing through banking syndicates: the do’s and don’ts of a successful transaction
- Creating a GHG emission allowances cap-and-trade system in Québec: What are the obligations and opportunities for Québec businesses?
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Learn more
- Luncheon conference with Julie Payette
Note: This activity will be recognized by the Québec Bar as part of the mandatory continuing legal education policy.