Fasken Martineau invites you to attend an interactive session on the current state of proxy contests in Canada. The session will include a review of our ground breaking Canadian proxy contest study and an update on the most recent high-profile contested meetings in British Columbia. Join us and learn more about:
- The increasing frequency of proxy contests
- How dissidents can benefit from this process
- The challenges of achieving true settlement
- Recommended strategies and tactics in the face of, and in the midst of, a contest
- When and how to utilize the regulatory authorities
- Ground breaking case law
This complimentary session will feature presentations by Daniel Batista, one of the authors of our study, as well as Lata Casciano, Tracey Cohen, and Steven Lukas, who are among the lawyers involved in the corporate and litigation battles in leading contests including Mundoro and St. Elias. The session is presented by Fasken Martineau’s Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Corporate Governance groups.
To access and download a free copy of the 2013 Canadian Proxy Contest Study, please click here.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Lawyers may apply this 1.5 credit hour seminar towards their CPD requirements under the Law Society of British Columbia.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am | Seminar Presentation
This is an in-person seminar.
This seminar is complimentary.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296